In the fast paced society that we live in today, I highly recommend that you take a time out for yourself each day. Better yet, I recommend taking time for your entire family to relax and unwind. It is a natural process that is highly ignored these days because everyone is so busy. Before long you will notice a big difference in how you see life and that you are able to manage your day so much better. Include your children and make it something that the children look forward to and enjoy. Create a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere in a room they enjoy spending time in and make it a nightly routine to turn that room into a den of relaxation and peace by practicing reflexology therapy.
If you are unfamiliar with reflexology, here are the basics and how it can help you get control of your health. Reflexology is the practice of applying pressure in a strategic manner to reflexes of the feet and hands, and even the face and ears. Reflexologists see the hands and feet as an open door to the bodies systems. Each section of the feet and hands correlate to a specific organ. By stimulating nerves on specific areas of the feet and hands, you can stimulate blood flow and eliminate toxin buildup in the corresponding
Organs and systems of the body. And because reflexology works to put the body in a state of well-being, it is beneficial to every system in the body, and particularly for stress relief.
If you have children that get frequent colds or ear infections, reflexology can be extremely beneficial. Did you know that Americans spend more than one billion dollars every year on nonprescription medicines for coughs and colds? The bad news is that these products provide temporary relief and in no way address the root of the problem.
If you are curious as to what types of problems reflexology can alleviate, here is a list I have compiled. Keep in mind that it is just a sample list and in no way represents everything that reflexology can benefit.
- A Note about Ear Infections: There are many ways to cure an ear infection without the use of antibiotics; one of those methods is reflexology. In my opinion, antibiotics are prescribed way too much. I have cured my own kids’ ear infections quickly and easily. In fact, I even wowed my doctor a few times.
- Teething pain
- Colic-There is documented studies that proved reflexology could virtually eliminate the symptoms associated with colic.
- Childhood & adult eczema
- Stress-Reflexology is known for the relaxation factor. If you have suffered from a stressful day at work, one of the best things you can do for your body is have a reflexology treatment. It is one of the best things you can do for your family. A relaxed family is a happy family!
- Sports related injuries
- Respiratory infections
- Depression and other emotional problems
- Hyperactivity & auditory problems
- Learning and concentration challenges
- Acne and psoriasis
- Migraine, tension and cluster headaches
- Acid reflux & digestive disorders