Health Benefits of Minimalism
In our modern world, many of us believe that having more is a key to happiness. However, the latest researches have shown that this belief is far away from the truth. The better solution to happy life is to be content with less or live a minimalistic lifestyle. Moreover, recent studies have revealed impressive health benefits of minimalism. One of the greatest benefits is less stress. Namely, clutter in our homes makes us overstimulated and anxious. It arouses our senses and keep us stressed. People who live in decluttered environment are more relaxed and easygoing. Another benefit is a sense of freedom. When we get rid of the need to possess the latest model of shoes, car, watch, etc, we immediately feel more freedom, because we have the ability to choose what is important to us. In this way, we do not need society to tell us what should we buy. When we learn to buy only things that we really matter to us or things that add value to our life, we will feel more joy and less stress. At the same time, our budget will recover. Simply, we will spend less. According to advocates of minimalistic lifestyle, minimalism is not about to live at a bare minimum. The key is to become aware of our real needs and settle with important things. This kind of philosophy usually spreads to other areas of our lives, and we also let go of many unnecessary activities that we used to perform. We will let go of many unnecessary commitments and tasks that do not serve our true purpose. To find out more about health benefits of minimalism, the article “15 Ways Simple Living Relieves Anxiety & Reduces Stress” offers the following list.
Health Benefits of Minimalism
– More freedom to create the life you desire, instead of feeling stuck in a job or a life just because you have no other choice.
– Allows you to appreciate what you do have instead of constantly craving what you don’t have.
– Provides you with a better work/life balance because you let go of pushing yourself to work longer and longer hours to maintain an over-consumptive
lifestyle. In other words, Work SMARTer not harder!
– Help you clarify what is most important, meaningful and what really matters to you, and let go of the rest.
– Allows you to seek quality not quantity in all things.
– Helps you unclutter and let go of everything in your life that is messy, busy, overcomplicated and unnecessary.
– Introduces you to importance of all your true relationships—including a deeper connection to your community.
– Frees up your time to do the things you love and that makes you happy.
– Provides you with a deeper connection to nature by giving you the time to take walks, garden and appreciate being outdoors. In other words, spend time
– Slows you down and allow you to enjoy the moments of your every day.
– Leads you to become more self reliant and internally focused instead comparing yourself to others or using others to determine your worth.
– Guides you to making better health choices for yourself and your family.
– Provides freedom from maintaining or fussing about your possessions and instead spend that time doing things that make you smile.
– Offers you better and sounder sleep and times of rest.
– Gives you ease and agility when making life choices, decisions, exploring opportunities.
– Allows you to spend the rest of your life on a greener and healthier planet along with others
Among the benefits of minimalism, more spare time is crucial for our overall health and a sense of well-being. When we declutter our home and our life, we will not have to work overtime to buy more stuff. We will let go a huge burden from our shoulders. We will be more content with what we already have and stop feeling that we are not enough. With more money, more spare time and less dependency of society’s expectations, we will experience all the benefits of minimalism.