7 tips to lose weight
7 tips to lose weight
1. Start by setting your ideal weight. Think about it every day of your regime and imagine yourself reaching that point. Wouldn’t it make you feel victorious? Don’t think of every day of your diet as another burden. Be optimistic.
2. Have patience. You know as well as anyone results do not come easy. You’ll have to wait; and, after all the sweat and sufferance, you will reach your goal. For some of you, it may be a couple of months before you reach your ideal weight. Never give up, though!
Image credit: Flickr cc
3. Stay hydrated. No matter the diet you intend on following, we recommend choosing one that’s based on drinking lots of drinks. Attention, we are not referring to fizzy drinks and beer. Who wouldn’t want to diet on those? Be careful, though, because alcohol consumption usually triggers hunger. Most fizzy drinks contain huge amounts of sugar. Try to stay away from these and drink a lot of water and green tea. Believe it or not, the latter actually enhances weight loss.
4. Eat vegetables and fruit. Fruit does contain sugar, so you’ll have to eat it wisely. We recommend starting your day with a power-shake, composed of one banana, frozen forest fruit, kiwi, peach or whatever other fruit you have in the house. Be advised, do not use a juicer, for there’s a considerable amount of fiber inside the peel of fruit.
5. Don’t forget about protein. A man’s gotta eat when a man’s gotta eat, after all. Instead of buying burgers, or other processed foods, try grilling your own meat or cooking it in the oven. Boiling it isn’t a bad idea, either. As long as you use some spices, it will not be tasteless.
6. Forget about ordering at work. Bring your own healthy lunch. Healthy snacks include carrots and other vegetables. Try focusing on getting your daily dose of protein and vitamins from meat and vegetables. A grilled piece of chicken breast with a mixed salad on the side is the right key to losing that belly.
7. Last, but not least, it’s important and we’ll say it once again: exercise. If you’re not used to any kind of exercising, at least try to walk or bike at least 30 minutes every day. Without exercise, your muscles will become flabby and your skin will hang on you. You don’t want to resort to cosmetic surgery to look better, right?